Monday, May 20, 2013

Dog Treats

My dogs LOVE treats & I LOVE to give them out!  Here's the recipe for my favorite homemade treat:



FROZEN DOG TREATS

Ingredients:
32oz. plain yogurt
3/4 cup peanut butter
1 TBS honey
1 banana
3 oz. Dixie Cups 
Medium Milkbones 
Whipped Cream (optional)





  • Mix top four ingredients.  
  • Optional Step:  I like to add whipped cream to the bottom of the cups to prevent the treat from sticking to the bottom.  For some reason, it doesn't stick to the sides of the cup...  By coating the bottom of the cup with a small dab of cream, you can easily peel back the entire cup from the treat once they are frozen.  
  • Spoon mixture into Dixie cups.  If you have a smaller dog, I would recommend filling them 1/2 full and using smaller milkbones.
  • Place milkbone in the middle.  
  • Freeze.
  • Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment